Go Back   LKM Forums Bitch > General Chat > Just Talk

Just Talk About nothing really

Old 09-13-2010, 02:48 PM   #26
Pirate

Gameroom cash: $5542
Pirate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So you want to be Gordon M*TH*R F***ING RAMSEY..or the cooking thread

Dang, Sword's outdoing us all. Ok, we all know who's place to crash for good eats.

Ebo, that concoction scares me. A lot. Mostly because I hate fake cheese and it just ruined wonderful cheetos, but also because I'm sure it does to your body exactly what you said it would.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #27
mori
Chairman of the Bored

Moon Lander Champion!
Battle Cry!: I posted that already
Gameroom cash: $69618
mori will become famous soon enough
Default Re: So you want to be Gordon M*TH*R F***ING RAMSEY..or the cooking thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Ebo, that concoction scares me. A lot. Mostly because I hate fake cheese and it just ruined wonderful cheetos, but also because I'm sure it does to your body exactly what you said it would.
This is the guy who, on the way to the BBQ, ate "9 cheeseburgers from McDonalds and some cowboy jerky and hot sauce from a jerky store"...and I had no doubts in my mind this was all at the same time.
mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #28
ebo
Ask about my nipple

Snake Champion!
Gameroom cash: $8392
ebo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mori View Post
This is the guy who, on the way to the BBQ, ate "9 cheeseburgers from McDonalds and some cowboy jerky and hot sauce from a jerky store"...and I had no doubts in my mind this was all at the same time.
Yes. Picked up 9 yummy burgers for snackage on the way to Cali last Friday.. but then something beautiful happened...

I never noticed the one trillion billboards saying "fresh jerky" (i HATE store bought jerky.. so chewy and soft and gross). He also happened to sell pickled olives, hot sauce, and jerky. It was amazing.
ebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #29
[r][u][d][e] [OT]

Battle Cry!: NONE YET
Gameroom cash: $39565
[r][u][d][e] [OT] is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to [r][u][d][e] [OT] Send a message via Skype™ to [r][u][d][e] [OT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo View Post
Yes. Picked up 9 yummy burgers for snackage on the way to Cali last Friday.. but then something beautiful happened...

I never noticed the one trillion billboards saying "fresh jerky" (i HATE store bought jerky.. so chewy and soft and gross). He also happened to sell pickled olives, hot sauce, and jerky. It was amazing.
on the way from where? i like to pick up alien jerky or whatever its called on the way to/from socal/vegas
[r][u][d][e] [OT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #30
CowboyRogue

Gameroom cash: $7090
CowboyRogue is on a distinguished road

CowboyRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #31
CowboyRogue

BBQ WINGS!
1 Serving:

Old 09-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #32
Tambara
LKM818s Asian UN Delegate

Battle Cry!: So asain it hurts
Gameroom cash: $9466
Tambara is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tambara Send a message via MSN to Tambara Send a message via Skype™ to Tambara

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyRogue View Post
Is this a joke?

PHP Code:
Life is just one big If (statement
Quote:
In math, you don't understand things. You just get used to them. -Johann von Neumann
Tambara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #33
Dark
LKM Regular

Gameroom cash: $210
Dark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambara View Post
Is this a joke?
i think this is the joke....

Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:23 PM   #34
CowboyRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambara View Post
Is this a joke?
Whatever. First trial, I was going to ask you for help but then I remembered you are only half Asian and lazy.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:36 AM   #35
ebo
Ask about my nipple

Snake Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyRogue View Post
Whatever. First trial, I was going to ask you for help but then I remembered you are only half Asian and lazy.
LOL
Old 09-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #36
Bitch_smurf

Gameroom cash: $1915
Bitch_smurf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bitch_smurf

YAY cheese cake! the top one cooled too fast and cracked... but I only had room for ONE in teh oven at a time.. and well the german chocolate won!
Bitch_smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #37
Crayon

Gameroom cash: $12361
Crayon is on a distinguished road

it looks better with the crack on top. gives it a design, lol
Old 09-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #38
Black_widow1417
Pantless Pocket Asian

Battle Cry!: DH's China Doll
Gameroom cash: $81349
Black_widow1417 is on a distinguished road

I agree with crayon. those look YUMMY Bitch Smurf

"Art thou a witch viva Espaņa?"
Black_widow1417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #39
Bitch_smurf

Gameroom cash: $1915
Bitch_smurf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bitch_smurf

Thanks guys!
Bitch_smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:15 AM   #40
riboflavin
Grand Muff Tarkin

Gameroom cash: $29152
riboflavin is on a distinguished road

I love Cheesecake. They look delicious!

In hindsight I should have made "making cheesecake" a prerequisite for getting married. :-)

Old 12-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #41
riboflavin
Grand Muff Tarkin

Give this thread LIFE!!! Well other than thread resurrecting I thought I 'd share an email I sent my family after attempting to use the new electric smoker my folks got me.

" Christmas is a wonderful time. Tinsel and mistletoe adorn the town and malls and the smell of pine is in the air. Nothing says Christmas more than smoked pork loin. My parents decided to give me an early Christmas/Birthday present. A beautiful new electric smoker, jet black, it looked like minifridge of awesomeness. How could I not test it out? Sammy was going out of town of Saturday with the kids. It was the perfect time for moist delicious smoked pork. I looked forward to pulling it apart with a fork. The few days before "Operation smokehouse" I spent researching the proper temperature, type of wood chips, and various dry rubs to coat the meat with. I settled on a rub that was spicy and sweet. Brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, and cayenne pepper. Cue to Saturday.......
I open the box and assemble the smoker. Assembly is simple so we are off to a great start. My 1st Hiccup is when the instructions say I have to "season" the smoker by smoking with the smoker empty for 3 hours. No problem, I can push the time table back and get to the delicious meat at dinner time. While the smoker is seasoning, I carefully rub the pork with the dry seasonings and allow the meat to get closer to room temperature prior to smoking.
When the smoker is ready I place the meat inside, set the temp to 225 degrees for 7 hours, put in some wood chips, add the water pan and go inside to get a beer and play on the computer. Life is grand, this will be the best bar-b-que ever, of all time.

Little did I know God was going to punish me for my hubris. I had been checking the smoker about every hour and adding wood chips. About hour three a light drizzle had developed. Being resourceful, I rigged an "umbrella" for the smoker and went back inside. You must understand I have headphones on my computer. When I am playing I can't hear much of the outside world. Sam has almost killed me by scaring me several times. I'm pretty sure she wants the life insurance money. At about hour 4 I went to check on the meat/add wood chips. I could not see out the back door because the rain was in the way. The rain was coming down harder than I had seen it in a very long time. I am fairly certain that the man down the street was putting two of every animal in his Bass boat. My 1st thought was "Hmmmm electric smoker + typhoon = bad" so I started the oven at 225 degrees got a pan and........ looked for an umbrella. I could not find one. I put a towel on my head and went outside. The towel was such a good idea and totally didn't get soaked immediately. When I got to the smoker I noticed it was off. Oh boy, I have ruined this smoker on the 1st try.. "Nothing I can do" I thought so my next step was to save the precious... errr the meat. I threw the pan on top of the smoker, opened it and ...... realized I didn't have a meat fork or pot holder. So I swam back to the house and got said implements. Now I put the tray on top of the smoker and before I could get to the meat the tray is full of water. I brutally stab the meat and toss it splashing into the tray. My beautiful rub is being washed off more and more each second. Has the overhang leaked roofwater onto the meat?...... who knows. I run inside leaving a trail behind me for I am now the sponge that has absorbed so much water that I ooze wherever i go. I empty the excess rainwater out of the pan and put the meat in the oven.
My concern now is saving the smoker and not starting an electrical fire. I wade back outside, my madness punctuated dramatically by lightning just like in the movies and arrive back at the smoker. The 3 prong plug is still secure in the wall. We stare at each other briefly. I vaguely remember something about water and electricity and how that is bad but a much more reasonable voice in my head says "If you pull the cord real fast you won't get shocked." I don't know where that voice came from but it sounded good to me. So I braced myself and pulled the cord. No whammies no whammies no whammies and stop! Stop on get the cord out with being shocked into oblivion.. whew.

Anyway, turns out the socket tripped the breaker so there was nothing to worry about and the smoker was not dead. The meat turned out dryer than I wanted and bland because the rub washed off and it didn't stay in the smoker long. I did learn to always check/believe the weather forcast before cooking. "
Old 12-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #42
Sneak
Token Gay Canadian

Breakout Champion!
Gameroom cash: $31366
Sneak is on a distinguished road

You got that right!

Haha, just kidding, funny story though, is the smoker still okay? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
And whoa whoa whoa. You just crossed the line there buddy. That is a bald faced lie. If these unfounded accusations continue I will be consulting with an attorney.
Sneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #43
riboflavin
Grand Muff Tarkin

Give my Creature Life!!!

Ok, got to use my smoker the right way.

8 lb pork shoulder

Dry Rub(paprika,salt,pepper,cumin,chilipowder,brown sugar)

Hickory Wood for the smoke, Smoke for 3 hours then wrap in aluminum foil so the meat can cook in its own juices.

Cook 9 1/2 total hours at low temp.

PULLED PORK SANDWICHES FOR DAYS... MMMM it was delicious.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #44
Black_widow1417
Pantless Pocket Asian

Battle Cry!: DH's China Doll
Gameroom cash: $81349
Black_widow1417 is on a distinguished road

Mmmmmmmmmm Ribo.. damn that looks delicious.

"Art thou a witch viva Espaņa?"
Black_widow1417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #45
Demosthenes
Rage Quiter

Gameroom cash: $7830
Demosthenes is on a distinguished road

omg Im so hungry and that pulled pork looks so good.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #46
mori
Chairman of the Bored

Moon Lander Champion!
Battle Cry!: I posted that already
Gameroom cash: $69618
mori will become famous soon enough

Where the HELL do you get 8 lb pork shoulders?! So jealous! Biggest I've ever seen at the grocery stores around here was 5 lb, and most places only stock ones that barely hit 2-3 lb.
mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #47
Demosthenes
Rage Quiter

Gameroom cash: $7830
Demosthenes is on a distinguished road

I literally had to go to a BBQ place near my house and a get pulled pork sandwich after looking at this. DAMN YOU RIBO

actually it was awesome thanks.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #48
GRiMM_Marluxia
Princess Pretty Pants

Gameroom cash: $35440
GRiMM_Marluxia is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to GRiMM_Marluxia

1. 532.35 cm3 gluten
2. 4.9 cm3 NaHCO3
3. 4.9 cm3 refined halite
4. 236 cm3 partially hydrogenated tallow triglyceride
5. 177.45 cm3 crystalline C12H22O11
6. 177.45 cm3 unrefined C12H22O11
7. 4.9 cm3 methyl ether of protocatechuic aldehyde
8. Two calcium carbonate-encapsulated avian albumen-coated protein ovoids
9. 473.2 cm3 theobroma cacao
10. 236 cm3 de-encapsulated legume meats (sieve size #10)
Instructions:
To a jacketed round reactor vessel (reactor #1) with an overall heat transfer coefficient of 100 Btu/F-ft2-hr, add ingredients one, two, and three with constant agitation.
In a second reactor vessel with a radial flow impeller operating at 100 rpm, add ingredients four, five, six, and seven until the mixture is homogenous.
To reactor #2, add ingredient eight, followed by three equal volumes of the homogenous mixture in reactor #1. Additionally, add ingredient nine and ten slowly, with constant agitation.
Care must be taken at this point in the reaction to control any temperature rise that may be the result of an exothermic reaction.
Using a screw extrude attached to a #4 nodulizer, place the mixture piece-meal on a 316 SS sheet (300 x 600 mm).
Heat in a 460sK oven for a period of time that is in agreement with Frank & Johnston's first order rate expression (see JACOS, 21, 55), or until golden brown.
Once the reaction is complete, place the sheet on a 25sC heat-transfer table, allowing the product to come to equilibrium.
Enjoy your Chocolate Chip Cookies

Bodyshots are like aborted children that survive, you dont want them, but you still have them.
GRiMM_Marluxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #49
riboflavin
Grand Muff Tarkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mori View Post
Where the HELL do you get 8 lb pork shoulders?! So jealous! Biggest I've ever seen at the grocery stores around here was 5 lb, and most places only stock ones that barely hit 2-3 lb.
Actually I got at the local Kroger store. (Grocery Store) Do they have Krogers in the West? They also have some really large pork loins and both Pork and Beef Ribs. My next smoking attempt is going to be some whole Salmon filets because I've never smoked fish.

-Demo- I ate pulled pork every night for Dinner for a week. My wife would say "What do you want for dinner?" I would smile and she finally gave up and would make herself dinner and let me eat pulled pork sandwiches for a week. I want to make my own sauce. I 've been researching some vinegar based sauces on the internet.

Last edited by riboflavin; 01-25-2011 at 06:38 PM.
riboflavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #50
ebo
Ask about my nipple

Snake Champion!

I'd post a new recipe except I think the last one almost gave me a heart attack. I posted a picture on facebook... I'm over it.

LKM Forums Bitch > General Chat > Just Talk