Go Back   LKM Forums Bitch > NEW SITE BETA TESTING > What I like or would like

What I like or would like What do you like so far? Or want to see added

Old 07-02-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
Wiltallica

Gameroom cash: $1185
Wiltallica is on a distinguished road
Default Red Vs Blue

ok so i know im the last person you would expect to be saying this, but ive been getting so many people commenting on how blue team is always so stacked, i dont mean lkmers on 1 team, i mean when blue team has 15 people and red always has 11-13. Just a suggestion but cant we put a 5 minute mod on the server so you cant change teams for 5 minutes after being team swapped by the system? i really think it would fix a lot of the problem. and im not positive but it seems like the server takes a lot longer to balance out teams then it used to, am i nuts or do others notice this too?

Its extremely rare that i have complaints about the server guys but this really does seem like a logical way to balance things out...

ok thanks guys lemme know what you all think
Wiltallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
Tambara
LKM818s Asian UN Delegate

Battle Cry!: So asain it hurts
Gameroom cash: $9466
Tambara is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tambara Send a message via MSN to Tambara Send a message via Skype™ to Tambara
Default Re: Red Vs Blue

Yea, I've been getting some complaints about this as well. Mostly about people getting auto'd and then switching back to spec for 5 minutes till they get on a team they want to be on. This is simply not logical. I understand we all come here to have shit and giggles (me to express my complete rage towards everyone on my team), but seriously if I see this happen or get called in, this would be an automatic warning and a kick. LKM is strictly based on providing fun for everyone NOT JUST YOURSELF, and once YOU cause a semi-disruption, its like your a semi-asshat.
The thing I noticed with DH is that he does things for a particular reason. Most of the time he has some sort of logic why he doesn't do certain things. I really don't think you can ever prevent the major 15 vs 13 or 12 issue mainly because people would just wait out the time and do jack shit. I've only been in one game when this happened and majority of my team left me, but usually at that point the server gets a fresh new set of players making it balanced. I'll start enforcing what I said above. Should any other admins disagree please say so. Anyways the uneven teams don't really bother me. In fact I like it more, because it makes me feel like the underdog. =)

PHP Code:
Life is just one big If (statement
Quote:
In math, you don't understand things. You just get used to them. -Johann von Neumann
Tambara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
PostalSmurf

Gameroom cash: $39175
PostalSmurf is on a distinguished road

I like it the way things are currently running, it is a challenge and if people dont like it then leave. Most of the time I see more people in spawn idle then the numbers being off alot. If something needs to be fixed then do a 1min idle kick timer on spawn if you can.
PostalSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
Bodnoirbabe
Politely Offensive

Gameroom cash: $4461
Bodnoirbabe is on a distinguished road

I don't know why, but yeah, I guess people are more apt to join blu from the get go and then everyone they know follows.

As far as the team stacking and auto switch, I thought the autoswitch was purposely nerfed by DH due to the whining everyone did about it months ago?

I do see sever team stacks more often now (I'm talking like 15-9 like last night) and the autoswitch just doesn't kick in. But people deal and new players come along and it eventually evens out.

The only problem I have is when people are autoswitched and they switch right back. The ONLY time this should be allowed is when say you get switched from blu to red right before blu wins. That happened to me the other night and I was so pissed, but I couldn't switch back!
Old 07-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
CowboyRogue

Gameroom cash: $7090
CowboyRogue is on a distinguished road

People auto-switch and then try and switch back because shit like this is allowed to happen:

1. Teams are 15-14
2. Person comes into game, and joins Blue Team. Teams are now 16-14.
3. Someone who has been on blue team for 45 minutes gets autoswitched to red rather than the last person who joined.
4. Person goes "WTF REALLY?" and then trys to join the team he was kicked off of because the ASSHAT JUST HAD TO JOIN BLUE IN THE FIRST PLACE INSTEAD OF GOING ON RED!
CowboyRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
Crayon

Gameroom cash: $12361
Crayon is on a distinguished road

people have a tendency to call team stack like the second it happens, instead of waiting a few damn minutes. when a team does really well, half the other team rage quits, and the people who stay immediately start complaining about the teams as if they'd been that way the entire game, and act like THAT'S why they lost.

Then, as more and more people complain about the unbalance that's been there for like 50 seconds, more people rage quit, and less people join the team that's raging and obviously not having fun.

There are people who complain, and there are people who'll actually do something instead of complaining. i actually have switched teams before to make teams even, and the other team just doesn't even try to fight back because they're too busy bitching and whining about the balance....This is why i tend to shy away from evening the teams.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
GRiMM_Marluxia
Princess Pretty Pants

Gameroom cash: $35440
GRiMM_Marluxia is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to GRiMM_Marluxia

When i first join the server i immediately look at how many friends i have on each team, and i join that team. And when ever there is a difference of 2+ i will join the team with less players, and switch whenever i get a chance to.

I really dont care if im on the team with less players, as long as there is people having fun, and not being dicks about how other people should play or hopw the teams are stacked.

Bodyshots are like aborted children that survive, you dont want them, but you still have them.
GRiMM_Marluxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
Dark
LKM Regular

Gameroom cash: $210
Dark is on a distinguished road

Whenever I join the server i press the random button so that I join the team opposite of people I hate. So if im on the opposing team, its because of you, I hate you, and its your fault you team will now lose...
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
Norman
Ha-mm sup low

Battle Cry!: I wanna be LKM
Gameroom cash: $14634
Norman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Norman Send a message via Yahoo to Norman

Seeing as Wilt doesn't visit the forums often, I'm gonna let this thread slide.

We've talked about this shit tons of times, just comes down to the very people that play on the server. There is always going to be someone bitching about the stupid numbers and I just don't care nor see a reason for anyone to care.

You wanna bitch about 16 vs 14 like Sort, then you obviously suck at the game if you really think 2 people are going to fucking matter. I've seen 11 vs 15 and guess who was turtling? the 15 team.

Skill matters, not numbers, anyone bitches about the numbers let them know they are noob and fail at TF2.

Also, I encourage all admins to kick anyone and everyone that sits around bitching and complaining constantly on the server. That kinda shit just kills the fun. Warm them first, or just before you kick them, so they get a clue.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #10
themoneymonkey

Gameroom cash: $4025
themoneymonkey is on a distinguished road

the only reason i can think of for the blue team always being stacked is because when u die, u can see the red battlements. other than that i wouldnt know why blue would always be stacked
themoneymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #11
Sneak
Token Gay Canadian

Breakout Champion!
Gameroom cash: $31366
Sneak is on a distinguished road

The blue spiral is fully blocked with a dispenser too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
And whoa whoa whoa. You just crossed the line there buddy. That is a bald faced lie. If these unfounded accusations continue I will be consulting with an attorney.
Sneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #12
ebo
Ask about my nipple

Snake Champion!
Gameroom cash: $8392
ebo is on a distinguished road

I think I've forgotten the point to this game.. because my main goal is to get silly kills and have fun with the people I'm playing with.

.. Are we playing the same game ?

But Normy is right. Skill does count. Apparently Wil isn't that great without a medic attached to his back, which is why I'm assuming he created this post ^_^
ebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #13
Lostways

Gameroom cash: $5781
Lostways is on a distinguished road

It's always been the topic team stacking and uneven numbers... but for as long I've been playing at LKM it's hasn't never changed the way they done uneven numbers. Despite the uneven numbers and such, the serve gets so utterly full that really we should focus on the people who just idle in the spawn room for like half an hour or an hour they are taking up not only a spot but making teams uneven in terms of skill and players.

However, it's up to the admins of this place to think of what's important or not.
Lostways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #14
Norman
Ha-mm sup low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostways View Post
It's always been the topic team stacking and uneven numbers... but for as long I've been playing at LKM it's hasn't never changed the way they done uneven numbers. Despite the uneven numbers and such, the serve gets so utterly full that really we should focus on the people who just idle in the spawn room for like half an hour or an hour they are taking up not only a spot but making teams uneven in terms of skill and players.

However, it's up to the admins of this place to think of what's important or not.
Admins have a lot of shit to look out for constantly while playing. The more admins on at one time the easier it is for us. Its just some prefer to just play and wait till someone points something out to them.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #15
Hemolytic

Gameroom cash: $35630
Hemolytic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo View Post

But Normy is right. Skill does count. Apparently Wil isn't that great without a medic attached to his back, which is why I'm assuming he created this post ^_^

Oh Snap...

He once had a date with destiny, now destiny wont date anyone else.

- "Hemolytic on himself"
Hemolytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #16
River_Ratt
Rat-a-tack

Asteroids Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Gameroom cash: $13662
River_Ratt is on a distinguished road

I have to agree this is a major topic. I started some kind of thrend on the same kind of topic about 6 months ago. Norm is right Skill is a lot. and like some one said early in the thrend, a lot of players are in spawn just Idle. a 5 min Idle i feel is fine not a 1 min. what if you had to dosomthing that took a few min? get kicked for it, not fare to me. I try to join any team. hell i wish i could play...LOL. Good luck Admins.

A Rat like me won't save your world. You're going down now!
River_Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #17
Wiltallica

like you would of seen if you read my original post.... im saying something because everyone keeps commenting on it, and sending me msgs about it, even though im not an admin. i also prefer being on the team with less, its a challange, which i dont see very often anymore unless its CMN. Problem is, even though it takes only 3 mintutes to even the teams, thats plenty of time to score 4 caps.

also I deffinately agree with the kick after 5 minutes, especially during the day when there are almost never any admins on.....that and maybe if we made it so you couldnt join a team with 15 when other team has 14. that just seems like a given though
Old 07-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #18
Norman
Ha-mm sup low

Oh, I understand what you're saying Wilt, trust me, I do. Its the exact same thing everyone complains about every 6 months. Every time a new batch of regulars show up on the server, they bitch about team numbers and other stuff that isn't important.

DH could try and do every single little thing possible to make people happy, and people will still bitch.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #19
Wiltallica

hey maybe theres no way to do this norm but you would know. is there a way to restart the server at like say 10am every day? cause it needs a reset pretty much every day to get rid of the server choppiness and there usually isnt an admin on during the day...
Old 07-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #20
Norman
Ha-mm sup low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltallica View Post
hey maybe theres no way to do this norm but you would know. is there a way to restart the server at like say 10am every day? cause it needs a reset pretty much every day to get rid of the server choppiness and there usually isnt an admin on during the day...
I think at one point in time, DH used to have it set up to restart every morning, not sure if that still happens. If it were me, I would just have it reset on the auto every 6 hours lol. But I also think DH has been busy with shit because he doesn't seem to do much outside of just updating the server these days...oh and the HLStats.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #21
Wiltallica

well it would be awesome, the only reason server doesnt fill up till 4 or 5 is thats usually the first time i can get an admin on to reset it, then it fills right up usually
Old 09-27-2010, 01:34 AM   #22
rycar@kcuf.info
Sappin' Your Sentry

Battle Cry!: NONE YET
Gameroom cash: $1015
rycar@kcuf.info is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rycar@kcuf.info

Spying is a lot easier on the blue team when playing 2Fort. The box out front of Red is easier to jump on, you can stand on the tires in sink room, etc.
rycar@kcuf.info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #23
shakenbake
That Little Bastard

Gameroom cash: $36740
shakenbake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Whenever I join the server i press the random button so that I join the team opposite of people I hate. So if im on the opposing team, its because of you, I hate you, and its your fault you team will now lose...
If this asshole is on I join his team because I don't appreciate being hunted like a squirrel finding nowhere to hide. cuz he'll find you, i'm not safe anywhere, he killed me in the spawn once... still have nightmares

Also team stacks mean nothing, blu was 'stacked' last night and we got our asses handed to us because we were having too much fun.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #24
[r][u][d][e] [OT]

Battle Cry!: NONE YET
Gameroom cash: $39565
[r][u][d][e] [OT] is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to [r][u][d][e] [OT] Send a message via Skype™ to [r][u][d][e] [OT]

more players on team != (more fun | advantage) necessarily
[r][u][d][e] [OT] is offline   Reply With Quote

LKM Forums Bitch > NEW SITE BETA TESTING > What I like or would like